Child Custody Modifications
Child & Spousal Support Modifications
Barb McNamara is a family law attorney in Orange County, California. Her firm helps clients modify custody judgements. She also helps with support modifications.
- For California state info on modifying support, click here
- For California state info on modifying custody, click here
- For California state info on modifying spousal support, click here
At the conclusion of a divorce, legal separation, or paternity case, the parties either agree upon a stipulated judgment, or there is a trial resulting in a judgment issued by the court.
In divorce or separation cases, this could include:
- how the marital property is divided
- who has primary physical and legal custody of the minor children
- how much child support will be paid and for how long
Judgments must be strictly adhered to, and failure to do so could cost you more time and money in the long run.
Over time, people’s needs and circumstances may change.
There may be a new job, changed income, or a new step-parent which introduces a blended family situation into your child’s life. A judgment that was handed down ten years ago may not work well for you and your family today.
Upon a showing of “changed circumstances,” it is possible to have a judgment modified.
Let me help evaluate your situation and determine how I can help modify your judgment with the Court.
As a certified family law specialist, I can assist you in petitioning the court to have your judgment modified.
Whether you are seeking:
- more or less child support to be paid
- are requesting the ability to relocate your children
- or any other modifications of your judgment, I can help you put together a persuasive case that will increase your chances of a favorable outcome.
If you feel that an old judgment isn’t working for you and your loved ones anymore, it is essential that you contact me before breaching the judgment in any way.
Don’t let an old judgment hold you back. Take the necessary steps today to modify your judgment or enter into post-judgment modification orders that better serves you and your family.
Call me today for a consultation.